Monday, February 4, 2013

Food should smell tasty to be tasty and singing rocks!

Alright, so I've been sitting here thinking about what on Earth to post about for a while now, and I'm still not entirely sure. But I've got a couple rough ideas, and I hope something good comes from them that makes y'all better people. Anyway, so today my thoughts revolved generally around two things - food and singing. There were random other things thrown in throughout the day, such as girls, testimonies, churchy stuff, naps, teaching, and various other random things, but those were the two mainstays of today.

So my thoughts about food today were constantly there, largely because it was fast Sunday and I don't have church until 2pm (thank the Lord!), but that means I don't get home until sometime after 5pm, so that's usually about when my fast ends. Anyway, I didn't want to make this post about complaining but about my thoughts, this part specifically revolving around food. So recently, I've been pretty lazy about what I eat - I usually just end up eating cereal for breakfast and dinner and finding something on campus to eat for lunch which usually ends up being pizza in the Cougareat. I think this might eventually become a problem... except for the fact that I really, really like cereal, and it's super quick to eat. But alas, I think I should eat better food.... but at least I still haven't eaten Ramen. That stuff just smells gross, I can't even imagine putting it in my mouth. Moving on... I used to be pretty good about making a couple things a week, but making enough to last a few days. But recently I've been feeling super lazy, as stated earlier, so today my thoughts about food (yes I did just spend quite a few sentences before getting to my actual thoughts) are as follows. Foremost, food should smell good. If it doesn't smell good, I find it usually doesn't taste good, but that's inductive reasoning - which is usually incorrect - but I still like the thought so I'm going with it. Another thought I had today regarding food is that most of it is pretty easy to make, especially with the magic of Google allowing you to find recipes super quickly for just about anything. Pinterest I've found is also a great place to find cool ideas of things to make, but generally those are a tad more elaborate than say tacos or lasagna. So I've been working on finding food that smells good, while is also easy to make, and I'm planning on making a section of my recipes page (check it out if you haven't yet, there's a link close to the top of the blog!) dedicated to the quick and good smelling foods that I'm going to be learning to make.

Anyway, my other thoughts today were about singing. Largely because that's what I did for the vast majority of today... I think I got a good 3.5 hours of singing or so in today, which is quite a bit. It was super fun as well! I joined the ward choir - and we're singing some pretty sweet arrangements of stuff, so that was super awesome. I also joined an a cappella group (which might end up being my comfort zone assignment, as it took a lot of talking to myself to convince me to join it) with some people who live in Heritage. Yes, I do have a legitimate reason to have found out about it - my roommates twin brother is in it and he threw out the offer for me to join. Anyway, they really like doing mash-ups of songs, which I'm totally cool with because those are super fun to sing. One they're singing is "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" mashed with another song (which name escapes me now... If I remember it I'll edit the post.). It's super fun, and I'm pretty glad I joined, only downside is walking over to heritage whenever we have rehearsals, but that isn't too bad. After rehearsing with them for an hour and a half, I went over to Tunnel Singing. I can't recall if I've discussed that on here before... so if I haven't someone throw a comment about it and I'll write about it in my next post. But, that was super awesome and my friend announced her mission call which was pretty cool to be there for (she's going to Kentucky by the way). And that's basically all my thoughts for now... I'll write more thoughts eventually (possibly later tonight if I find time while working).

'Til Next Time,
Jordan Nielson

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You mentioned Tunnel Singing, but only that it was freezing cold...what is it...enquiring minds want to know! Also, do you have a crock pot? Crock pot food smells delicious (usually) all day! Good luck with the a Capella group, that sounds exciting! We love you, and we're so proud of you! Keep your head up!