Monday, March 18, 2013

Weeks It Has Been?

It has definitely been a heck of a month. That's all. But seriously. That's all I'm going to write for this post.


But really it isn't, because that would just be a waste of time for all parties involved. Instead I'm going to make you figure out how to read this post. I would give you a  hint, but to read it you would have already figured it out. Anyway, as I said previously it's been an interesting couple weeks since I last posted on here. There have been a myriad of events that have influenced how my days have gone, with one of the largest influences being my emotions - probably not a good thing while in school. My emotions have been all over the place lately... and to read more about that you'd have to hack into my journal - which wouldn't be very nice. I'm down to 57 days until I enter the Missionary Training Center to head to Oklahoma, which is really not that many. If all goes according to plan I'll be able to go through the temple for the first time this Saturday, and hopefully will go a ton before I enter the MTC. I'm also hoping to be able to be home for about two weeks before I leave, which should give me enough time to catch up with all the people I miss from back there. But back to why this has been an interesting length of time. For one, I've had a test or large assignment in pretty much all of my classes since I last wrote on here - which isn't all that fun. Additionally, the realizations have slowly been hitting me in larger measures each day regarding recent events that have made it really hard to just make it through the day. My roommate expressed it a lot better than I can in his post on his blog! You should go check it out, because I've been dealing with a lot of those same things, not really to the same extent, but it has definitely gotten a lot worse as time has passed by and things have been ratcheting back up to speed.

Another thing that has made this a crazy couple weeks has been work. It's usually pretty peaceful, and occasionally I'm even able to get stuff done (like tonight - got a few homework assignments done and found time to write on here!). But then there are the majority of the days where there are just constantly people in here for various reasons and I'm not able to hear myself think with all the things going on around me. Those nights are usually the ones where I had been having a bad day at classes anyway, and that compounded with working (and therefore staying up lateish) will often lead to me missing classes the next day - a very vicious cycle to be in. I'm working to try and break the cycle and get to class more often, but as some of my classmates can attest I'm not  having all that successful a time with it (if you have any tips about motivation to get to class please lemme know somehow!). 


On another note, I recently wrote another comfort zone assignment, and this one I think I'm actually comfortable sharing (though it isn't as far in my comfort zone as I'd like it to be). So, check it out here: LINK (there's also a link at the top of my blog if you wanna find it later). 


In other news, I changed the color scheme on my blog again. More St. Patrick's Day feely now, even though that just passed. Oh well. Guess that's what happens when you don't blog for a while. I recently started reading a book called "Quiet: The Power of Introverts In a World that Can't Stop Talking", and it's pretty good so far. The author has a ton of insights and such regarding the topic (which is introversion for those who couldn't guess that), and I feel like I'm learning a lot. It has definitely been too long since I've had a book I really enjoyed, and I've realized how much I miss sitting down and just reading for hours at a time. It's actually quite peaceful, which is nice in the rush of everything going on. 



Anyway, if you scrolled all the way down here and didn't catch the drift, you have to highlight the text to read it :P Oh, and if you want to see it on a mobile device that doesn't show text when you highlight it... I think you'll have to wait and use a computer or copy it into a document of some sorts and try to read it there.

'Til Next Time,

Jordan Nielson

No comments: