Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Changing directions

So ya know how this blog usually details all the fun little things that happen to me? Well, that will probably be changing a little bit at least so that I can use this to fulfill a requirement for my mission prep class :D

Hopefully that gets you readers as glad as I am, because it gives me an excuse to write on here at least 3 times each week! That means you'll get updates incredibly often, and you'll probably actually get some insights and things I've learned since I gotta find something else to start writing about if I'm going to be posting that often or y'all would get incredibly bored with my life story.

So for now I'll give y'all the good old rundown of what's been happening since my last post all those many months ago. I'll make it brief:

October: Video games, being social, working, baking, and such took up the vast majority of my time and my priorities started to slowly shift away from class and more towards having fun since I wasn't liking my classes.

November: Boy was I looking forward to that break, more so because of the lack of homework that had to be turned in than anything since I wasn't able to go home. It was definitely an interesting month as I saw my motivation wane and my desire to achieve fall into a pit and never climb back out.

December: Wow. This month was probably the craziest month I'd experienced yet here at college, filled with tons of sadness, grief, fun, tests, and insanity that I can't even begin to capture it in this brief paragraph. But! I got to go home halfway through the month and that was absolutely spectacular. I was super happy to be able to catch up with so much awesome family that is still down in Florida, and I even got my wisdom teeth out and lived to tell the tale!

And now I'm back to January! Magical isn't it? I just find it crazy that yet another semester and set of classes here at BYU has started once more. This semester I'm taking a whole new slew of classes, so here's the list including my pre-semester reaction to each:

  1. Differential Equations [Meh. another pure math class... wahoo time for super repetitive homework and no fun in class]
  2. Into to Chemistry Part 2 (112) [ Ah, so it begins anew - my fight with chemistry will never end will it? Perhaps I'll like this half more than the first half... I never was a huge fan of the microscopic anyway]
  3. Into to Computer Programming [Wahoo! A 3 credit class that I can take for fun to actually have a marketable skill! Totally down with that - definitely looking forward to this class the most]
  4. Bio 100 [meh, it's a GE so i might as well get it over with]
  5. Mission Prep with Brother Wilcox [This class will probably be my second favorite as it's the most applicable to me now... what with getting started on my papers and getting ready to go and all]
  6. University Chorale [Wahoo! I got into a choir class! This will hopefully be one of the more fun classes I take and relieve stress instead of adding it]
  7. TWO Tennis Classes?!?!? [Scratch that. I'm most excited for these two classes, but sadly they don't start until March.]
  8. RHA class [Well... I don't really have a pre-semester vibe for this class since I was just convinced and worked out how I could do it tonight]
In case you missed that... I'm taking 18 credits in a total of 9 classes, 9 credits of which I'm really looking forward to and the rest I hope to be as excited about once I actually start class.

In other news, I switched back to my summer apartment to room again with Master M (the awesome RA I was rooming with summer term). So, if ya wanna send me mail or anything (always appreciate it - you might even get a shoutout on my blog and on facebook!) my address is once again 1938 N 40 W #68 Provo, UT 84604.

Anyway, this post looks long enough to me for now, I'll probably write another one later tonight if I get bored that actually talks about the start of this semester from when I got back to Utah until whenever I'm writing it. After that though, I'll have to start incorporating random things that I learn and encounter throughout that seem interesting.

'Til Next Time,
Jordan Nielson

No comments: