Wednesday, May 15, 2013

This is it!

 Well folks this is it! I'm finally off to the MTC, and I couldn't possibly be more excited. These two years are going to be full of so many different emotions and things that I don't think I could possibly explain how excited I am. In other news, my little brother Spencer will be posting my emails here that are going out to everyone who asks for them (or who I have an email for). He'll hopefully remember to do that each time I send him one. If he doesn't... someone bug him about it.

For those of you who didn't know (for some reason or other) I'm off to the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In other news, the address for my blog has changed, and is now just eldernielson.blogspot.com
It's still the same old blog, but now it has a new look, url, and title as I'm out on my mission and no longer at school.

Aside from that, these last few weeks preparing have been a whirlwind. I've spent tons of time with family, chilled out a little bit, flew back to Utah, played tennis with my dad and brother, gave my farewell talk, bought my mission clothes and supplies, and found time to skype with my best friends from school.

In addition to that, I kind want to leave y'all with a scripture (which there will likely be at least one in every email) that has hit me pretty hard these last couple days. It's D&C 121: 7-9:

 My son, apeace be unto thy soul; thine badversity and thine afflictions shall be but a csmall moment;
 And then, if thou aendure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy bfoes.
 Thy afriends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

Basically, as I've prepared to enter the MTC, I've been blessed to be supported by an awesome group of friends and family, most of which are probably going to be reading this blog throughout my mission. I'm so excited to go, and I hope that I'll be able to do my best the entire time, from day 1 until I return home.

'Til Next Time,
Elder Nielson

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good luck Jordan! Here's a scripture for you 1 Chr 28:20

20 And [Brent] said to [Jordan] his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.

We love you and are so very proud of you!

Love,
Aunt Lisa