Friday, May 22, 2015

Updated! - May 22, 2015

Hey Folks!

So, I took some time today to update my blog's look - so check it out! I also changed the url back to: jordanatbyu.blogspot.com

So, if you try to use the old one it probably won't work - or if it does you'll likely not end up where you wanted to be, which is here! So, you should just use that one. There's a way to make it so that you get an update whenever I make a new post... but I'm not entirely sure how, so if you know make a comment so I can do know :)

Anyway, the last few days have been pretty sweet! I got to spend some time yesterday with my grandmother, who is absolutely awesome! We had a blast doing some genealogy on familysearch.org - which if you've never checked out you should! It's totally free, and we were able to find out more about her biological great-grandfather, who she never met since he passed away from Tuberculosis many years before she was born - in 1910. It was a pretty cool experience, and I'd highly recommend that those of you who don't know much about your ancestors give it a go! You can find out all sorts of things just by doing a few simple searches - typically - like I learned that one of my paternal great-grandmothers was born in Alabama - but her husband was born in New York - how they met I still haven't learned since I'll have to ask my grandmother, but it's definitely fascinating stuff! I also got to play with my cousins a bit, and they've grown so much over the last 2/3 years while I've been away on my mission and in college! It was pretty funny since the littlest one is only a bit older than 2, she had no idea who I was when I got home, and still wouldn't give me a hug yesterday!

 So, throwback to Wednesday when I went up to Winter Park High School with Spencer - after going to seminary with him as well. I definitely do not long for the days of high school again, since going to seminary was rough before when we only lived 15 minutes away... now that we live a half hour or so, it's even more difficult to make it there by 6 - as shown by the fact that Spencer has been late probably 90% of this semester. So, we eventually made it there and had a fantastic lesson focused on Hastening the Work of Salvation... as you probably guessed I got asked quite a few questions, but that's what I was expecting when the topic was first announced. At length we made it to school, and I went and was able to spend time with the fantastic choir directors! It was a blast, and we had a good time catching up and reminiscing. Eventually school ended, and since it was Wednesday it was even shorter than typical! So, Spencer's last day of high school had come to a close, at last!

But alas, I've gotta get a move on, so that's all I've got today! I hope you have a great week :)

'Til Next Time,
Jordan

No comments: